Remember how that last Stats and Graphs post for the Job Hunter survey was based on 360 responses? In fact, as of 1/27/2013 we had increased to 377 responses. Add that in to the majority of 234 responses to the What Should Candidates Wear? survey, as well as all of the other various posts I want to do, and I’m looking at some logistical issues.
You may have noticed that I’m posting more frequently – I’ve been doing about two a day. I’ve realized that I need to step it up if you’re going to get a chance to see everything in a timely fashion. If you’re getting this by email, and I’m clogging up your inbox, I’m sorry! I read all of my blogs by feedreader for just this reason.
I’ve also decided to find someone to help put this thing together. I’m looking for someone to do two things, one of which might be kind of boring and one of which might be kind of exciting: to help transcribe surveys, and to create a good index to the posts. I’d like to make it easier for people to find content, and I’d like to provide a structured listing of the post titles. I’d also like to spend less time transcribing surveys. Here are the details:
- You must be willing to commit to spend a minimum of four hours a week on this project.
- You must know how to work in Google Spreadsheets, Google Docs, and WordPress.
- You must know how to parse HTML. You don’t have to write it, you just have to understand how it works and maybe know a few of the more common tags.
- You must know how to create a good index. You should have either a project you can share with me, or coursework, or both. I don’t know much about it, so you’re going to be the expert.
- You must be able to work well with me virtually, and be a good email communicator.
- You must be committed to maintaining the confidentiality of survey respondents.
- Bonus Points: Being an expert at analyzing and presenting data using Excel. You know, making charts and stuff.
If you are interested, please fill out this form. I will keep it open for a week, then I will shut it down to look at the responses. I will give you an update within one week.
If you want to be considered, you need to fill out the form by Midnight (PST) on January 27th, 2013.
Please don’t send me anything else, just fill out the form.
I’m sorry that I’m just looking for one person right now. To be honest, I’m nervous about letting someone mess around with my blog-baby.
I’m sorry that there is no money at all to pay you. This blog costs me money to run as it is, and I’m an underemployed librarian.
If you have questions, please leave a comment. You should be able to do this totally anonymously.