Welcome to crowd-sourced resume review for LIS job hunters!
Please help the job hunter below by using the comment button to offer constructive criticism on his resume. Some guidelines for constructive feedback are here, and the ALA NMRT has brief tips for reviewing resumes here.
This 2 page resume was submitted by a job hunter who says,
I’ve been working in the corporate sector for several years and finished my MSIS in December. I’ll be using this resume to look for a job in an academic library or a library services company (like an OCLC). I’m interested in research but also outreach and education. I’m very anxious about my lack of in-library experience and I’m interested if my resume translates to people hiring librarians.
To submit your resume or CV For Public Review,
- send it as a Word document or PNG or JPEG image to hiringlibrariansresumereviewATgmail.
- It will be posted as-is, so please remove any information that you are not comfortable having publically available (I suggest removing your address and phone number at a minimum).
- Please include a short statement identifying if it’s a resume or CV and
- describing the types of positions you’re using it for (ie institution type, position level, general focus).
- Finally, you will also need to confirm that you agree to comment on at least five other posted resumes.