Welcome to crowd-sourced CV review for LIS job hunters!
Please help the job hunter below by using the comment button to offer constructive criticism on her CV. Some guidelines for constructive feedback are here, and the ALA NMRT has brief tips for reviewing resumes here.
This 2 page CV was submitted by a job hunter who says,
I’m looking for a mid-career, middle-management position. I’m not on the executive level yet, but I’d like to be. I see my next position as the stepping stone to that level. I would like to continue to work in a nonprofit environment in a museum, archives, library, or foundation. Additionally, while the heart of the work I do is in information management, I also would like to have some tasks outside the profession. For example, I currently do some marketing in social media and work with our fundraising department.
To submit your resume or CV For Public Review,
- send it as a Word document or PNG or JPEG image to hiringlibrariansresumereviewATgmail.
- It will be posted as-is, so please remove any information that you are not comfortable having publically available (I suggest removing your address and phone number at a minimum).
- Please include a short statement identifying if it’s a resume or CV and
- describing the types of positions you’re using it for (ie institution type, position level, general focus).
- Finally, you will also need to confirm that you agree to comment on at least five other posted resumes.