Welcome to crowd-sourced resume review for LIS job hunters!
Please help the job hunter below by using the comment button to offer constructive criticism on her resume. Some guidelines for constructive feedback are here, and the ALA NMRT has brief tips for reviewing resumes here.
This 2 page resume was submitted by a job hunter who says,
I will soon be relocating out of state because of my partner’s job situation and as such will need to make sure my resume is in good shape. It is a basic resume and I will probably be applying for both public and academic jobs. I know that my decision to leave my AmeriCorps experience in chronological order is probably controversial. I leave it in a prominent place because I am very proud of my AmeriCorps experience, I did it during a time of unemployment, and I was able to incorporate many of my librarian skills into the position. I would love to hear back from others on the logic of this decision.
To submit your resume or CV For Public Review,
- send it as a Word document, PDF, PNG or JPEG to hiringlibrariansresumereviewATgmail.
- It will be posted as-is, so please remove any information that you are not comfortable having publically available (I suggest removing your address and phone number at a minimum).
- Please include a short statement identifying if it’s a resume or CV and
- describing the types of positions you’re using it for (ie institution type, position level, general focus).
- Finally, you will also need to confirm that you agree to comment on at least five other posted resumes.