Welcome to crowd-sourced resume review for LIS job hunters!
Please help the job hunter below by using the comment button to offer constructive criticism on her resume. Some guidelines for constructive feedback are here, and the ALA NMRT has brief tips for reviewing resumes here.
This 2 page resume was submitted by a job hunter who says,
Although I have worked temporary positions I haven’t stopped applying to positions for almost three years in order to find a position that fits with my skills and interests, but I can count on one hand the number of interviews I’ve had. I originally went to library school with the intention of finding a career in visual resources or anything fine arts related, but when it became evident how difficult that would be I broadened my search to archive and collection management positions. Since I still haven’t had much interest, in the last year I broadened the search to anything except public librarianship. I most recently applied to a handful of University positions with a steady stream of rejection letters following. I tried to make this version of my resume very anonymous for the review.
To submit your resume or CV For Public Review,
- send it as a Word document, PDF, PNG or JPEG to hiringlibrariansresumereviewATgmail.
- It will be posted as-is, so please remove any information that you are not comfortable having publically available (I suggest removing your address and phone number at a minimum).
- Please include a short statement identifying if it’s a resume or CV and
- describing the types of positions you’re using it for (ie institution type, position level, general focus).
- Finally, you will also need to confirm that you agree to comment on at least five other posted resumes.