Welcome to crowd-sourced resume review for LIS job hunters!
Please help the job hunter below by using the comment button to offer constructive criticism on her resume. Some guidelines for constructive feedback are here, and the ALA NMRT has brief tips for reviewing resumes here.
This 1 page resume was submitted by a job hunter who says,
This is the basic version of my resume. I’ve been applying for reference and instruction librarian positions with community colleges, but I’ve also modified it to apply for library technician, assistant library technician and library assistant positions. I’ve applied for full, part-time and substitute, and with school districts and public libraries. I also plan on using it to apply for adjunct librarian positions (again, with community colleges), as well.
To submit your resume or CV For Public Review,
- send it as a Word document, PDF, PNG or JPEG to hiringlibrariansresumereviewATgmail.
- It will be posted as-is, so please remove any information that you are not comfortable having publically available (I suggest removing your address and phone number at a minimum).
- Please include a short statement identifying if it’s a resume or CV and
- describing the types of positions you’re using it for (ie institution type, position level, general focus).
- Finally, you will also need to confirm that you agree to comment on at least five other posted resumes.