Non-monetary ways to support this project include:
- Sharing questions you were asked in a recent job interview in the interview questions repository or adding your salary information to the shared salary info spreadsheet
- Taking a survey:
- 2023 Job Hunter’s Survey (for people who are currently job searching)
- Hiring Library Workers and Other Information Professionals (for folks who have hired at least one LIS worker)
- All About Cover Letters (for folks who have hired at least one LIS worker)
- Personal Professional Websites (for people who have a personal professional website)
- If you hire LIS workers, letting me email on a weekly-ish basis with library hiring questions. If you’re interested, let me know at hiringlibrarians AT gmail
- Booking me to speak or write about this project for your class, conference, event, training day, or publication. Please email me if interested.
- Making suggestions or sending kind words and pictures of cute cats. Email is the best way to contact me.
- Sharing posts with your networks and on your socials, to help publicize
- Commenting, here, on Mastodon, or on Twitter, to help create a robust community
This content is totally free and will remain free. You do not need to pay to use this site.
That being said, monetary support is welcome. I pay for WordPress.com hosting and the domain out of pocket. I made the last annual payment in July 2022. It was $96. The tier we are in provides (among other things) the ability to earn money from ads and the ability to add a donation form. The Domain name renewed in February at $19.
I want to be fiscally transparent, so I will continue to update this page when money comes in.
As of early April 2023: There has been one $25 donation ($23.64 after PayPal fees). Ads have generated $98.97 but that will not pay out until it reaches $100.
In early May 2023, I decided to stop running ads on the site and try out Patreon instead. If you’d like to be a supporter for the low cost of $3, $8, or $12 per month (cancel anytime!) please navigate to: https://www.patreon.com/hiringlibrarians and thank you!
If you donate, your money will first be applied to WordPress.com costs. After those have been covered, I’ll ask donors to please email me to let me know if you’d like your funds to go to me, to support my work, or if you’d like me to use them to provide stipends for folks who provide content (summaries of research, answers to questions, etc.).
Donation to Hiring Librarians
Want to donate more than $5? Increase the quantity. Thanks so much for your contribution!