Are you interested in getting a lot of eyes on your resume or CV?
Sounds like you could use Hiring Librarians’ crowdsourced Resume/CV review, For Public Review.
Here’s how it works:
We’ll post resumes or CVs, and invite the public to respond with their feedback in the Comments section. We’ve got a few ringers – people who hire librarians – who have agreed to regularly review and comment. However, anyone and everyone on the internet will also be able comment (respectfully – we will do our best to moderate attacks and insults).
We will post resumes or CVs from any LIS job hunter who submits one. However, he or she must agree to comment on at least five other posted resumes/CVs.
To have your resume or CV posted,
- First take a look at the comments on previously posted resumes/CVs, and see if any would apply to yours. Edit if necessary.
- Then send it as a Word document, PDF, PNG or JPEG to hiringlibrariansresumereviewATgmail.
- It will be posted as-is, so please remove any information that you are not comfortable having publically available (I suggest removing your address and phone number at a minimum).
- Please include a short statement identifying if it’s a resume or CV and…
- describing the types of positions you’re using it for (ie institution type, position level, general focus).
- Finally, you will also need to confirm that you agree to comment on at least five other posted resumes.
This Crowdsourced resource needs your help in order to draw bigger, more diverse crowds and be better resources! Please consider participating, and/or encouraging your friends and colleagues to do so.
Thanks, as always, for reading and contributing!